Syn_Promo - Day
Tuesday, January 20, 2004
11:28AM - The Industry Standard
The Industry Standard, reporter of Internet business news before the bubble burst, has returned (sorta). I've added two of their feeds:
I've set up a new feed here at LJ: exileru, for The eXile, a searingy funny and informative English-language alternative weekly from Moscow. I think of it as McSweeney's (mcsweeneysrss) at the end of the world (which, it turns out, is a pretty good place for it.) (RSS)
Recent articles include:
- What a Laugh! The eXile Looks Back on 2003, The Funniest Year Yet!
- Patriotic & Educational X-Mas Shows! -- "The Kremlin and Siloviki-TV present: Sasha The Snowjob Man... The Year Without Santa Chubais... A Kremlin Carol... The Jew Who Stole Christmas... Rodina The Red-Assed Rottweiler..."
- In Brief -- Whores In Euros... Yolki Protest... Girlfriend's Opinion Missed... New Protection for Expats..
- Colonel's Times -- "My personal worst moment of the year 2003 was late afternoon January 31st. At Saratov's Districts Court, public prosecutor Colonel Verbin demanded for me quarter of century of imprisonment."
- Yes, Vagina, There Is a Santa John -- Except for the dark rings under her eyes, she looked roughly similar to her picture, which is rare. Whore shopping on the Net is a lot like shopping for used cars...
- "Tales of a Kremlin Digger" -- If we still want to know "Who is Mr. Putin", and we do, this is the book to read..
6:37PM - Fimoculous.com
A fimoculous is a micro-organism that lives in its own excrement, oftentimes consuming it for sustenance.
Fimoculli are therefore self-perpetuating and ecological: what other organisms consume their own waste?
A mono-parasite. A homo-symbiosis.
Fimoculous.com devours the filth expunged on the mediascape.
Added Rex Sorgatz's blog at fimoculous.
|← Previous day||(Calendar)||Next day →|