Syn_Promo - Day
Wednesday, April 28, 2004
3:50AM - Randy's Random is back!
NEW PROJECT: I shut down my "Randy's Random" publication a year and aEnjoy!
half ago, and I *still* get people saying they miss it. RR was a place
where I posted random bits of interesting humor that didn't fit here. I
stopped it for several reasons, including that it was a true pain to
deal with Yet Another E-mailed Publication, there was no income
involved, and plenty of other irritations. At my recent business
meeting in Reno, I had a flash of inspiration: by doing it as a web
site, there's no e-mail list. By including an RSS feed, you don't have
to remember to come back again and again. By including Google Ads that
are targeted to the content, I get a few bucks to pay for hosting and,
maybe, some of my time. (Though it'll be amusing to see how Google
"targets" ads to jokes!)
To start with, I'll be posting my archives of Randy's Random. The first
item ("The Mustang") is already there, and it's a classic. I'll post
more as I have time, and of course they'll stay there "forever". I'm
using Moveable Type for it -- and pulling my hair out trying to figure
out web Style Sheets, which I've not really had to deal with much in
the past. So if you're an early visitor and come back often, you'll
probably see me fooling with the layout.... http://www.JumboJoke.com is
7:21AM - DVDTimes.co.uk
I just noticed that these guys set up a feed, so I added it over here: dvdtimes_rss.
It's a regularly updated site that deals with DVD and Cinema releases from a UK point of view, and gives reviews and news.
12:04PM - Feeds from Grist Magazine
Here are some feeds from Grist Magazine, a site for environmental news, commentary, and humor:
- gristfeed: Grist Magazine (http://www.gristmagazine.com/rss/gristfeed.rss)
- grist_muckraker: Muckraker, the dirt on environmental politics and policy. (http://www.gristmagazine.com/rss/muck.rss)
- grist_daily: Daily Grist. (http://www.gristmagazine.com/rss/daily_short.rss)
I thought the gaming communities would like this:
games_slashdot -- Slashdot game news updates [Slashdot: Games]
bluesnews -- Blue's news feed [Blue's News]
feel free to add this to your Live Journal to find out what's going on in the gaming industry on a daily basis.
syndication's courtesy of error402
The first is Beth Lisick's column on nightlife in the San Francisco area, and the invariably resulting gossip.
The first is Frank Rich's New York Times weekly op-ed/culture
article. I figure that since
wants him dead, he must be worth paying attention to.
You'll probably need a NYT login to actually read the Frank Rich articles, but that's free and relatively unbothersome.
New Livejournal feed: bettybowers, the award-winning parody of America's Best Christian. She offers compassionate Christian advice, even to those who she is sure will deservedly be tortured in Hell.
To give you a taste, here's some recent articles:
- Protecting the Purported Sanctity of Marriage
- Sick of Oprah Jesus?
- Condoleezza Rice's Spinning Machine: Turn Fact into Testimony under Oath!
- First Lady Laura Bush: Protecting the Sanctity of Your Marriage: How to Tickle a Pickle A Christian Lady's Guide to the Disgusting Marital Obligation of Biannual Fellatio
- Review of Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ
- Baptists for the Limp Writs: our righteous answer to "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy"
- Conservative Christians Want to Know if President Bush is a Homosexual!
- Christian Confidential: Gossiping Out of Christian Concern for 183 Years!
- Fox News Presents Betty Bowers' "The No Sin Zone"
- George W. Bush's Biggest Supporter, Vivian Freep
(Not to be confused with Betty Ann Bowser from over thar at pbs_newshour)
10:32PM - The writings of Jeff Jarvis
BuzzMachine is an interesting and well-written commentary blog by Jeff Jarvis, featuring as of late a daily round-up of what's happening with Howard Stern and his feud with ClearChannel, the FCC and the greater government. buzzmachinefeed was created a while ago to syndicate this blog on LiveJournal, but when I finally sought it out I found it had been orphaned without any readers.
I've added it now, and I hope you will too.
|← Previous day||(Calendar)||Next day →|