Syn_Promo - Day
Tuesday, June 29, 2004
1:48AM - A few new feeds
ahn_lv - All Headline News - Las Vegas, news from Las Vegas
ackmud - Ack!Mud Source Code Yahoo Group
fox_nascar - Nascar on Fox
nascar_crashnet - News from CrashNet
nascar_feed - News from Nascar.com
pagan_library - The Pagan Library
wiccanweb - Wiccan Powered Site with daily news, forums and galleries for the pagan community
If anyone knows of any tennis feeds other than bbctennis, i'd appreciate if you'd share
1:20PM - Quirky stories added
From the website PFFT! comes the Syndicated Feed: pfft_feed.
PFFT is a user-submitted site of stories that make you say, "PFFT!" For more information, read their About page. I urge you to add the feed, register on the site, and submit stories.
8:42PM - African news feed
This is a new LJ news feed for articles from AllAfrica, which has news from all over the African continent of a wide range of topics.
Sorry for any cross-posting.
11:09PM - New at LJ: winscp
WinSCP is an open source SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) and SCP (Secure CoPy) client for Windows using SSH (Secure SHell). Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer. It's got a nice GUI!
11:13PM - New at LJ: Buffalo Beast
The Buffalo Beast is run by the same batch of malcontents behind the Moscow-based expatriate newspaper The eXile (lj: exileru). The eXile made big news in April 2001 when staffer Matt Taibbi burst into the Moscow offices of The New York Times and flung a cream pie filled with horse sperm in the face of bureau chief Michael Wines.
Here's some recent Buffalo Beast stories:
- TV Highlights The X-Files: Mulder returns to search for a decent movie role; Scully kicks his ass for screwing up her meal ticket. [...] The Really Real World: Starving cast members are evicted from posh and spacious apartment and forced to take demeaning, low-paying dead end jobs just to make rent at their new roach-infested shithole. Spoiled bitches go back home to their parents.
- The Tet Defensive [...]We are now involved in a time-travel war, a bloody Back to the Future sequel in which Michael J. Fox revisits the 1960s to rescue our country from the media-induced defeatism it experienced during and after the Vietnam War. In this movie, Robert McNamara is George McFly; he kisses the girl at the Tet Offensive and 30 years later gets his book deal.[...]
- The Beast Page 3 Unreliable Hideous Drug Fiend: Courtney Love
- George W. Bush's Guide to the Rapture -- brought to you by low-carb communion wafers
- Beast-O-Scopes: [...] Sagittarius (November 23 - December 21): I have only one thing to say you, Sagittarius; I have a video of some guy rubbing corn oil all over your girlfriend's tits. [...]
- The Kerry Challenge: [...] It would seem that Bush is another "Teflon President," or more aptly that his supporters are equipped with Teflon skulls, easily deflecting documented abuses of power lest they fully register in their brains. [...]
(Not to be confused with buffalo_report, altho that's good too. Waka waka!)
|← Previous day||(Calendar)||Next day →|